Hot Water Tank Replacement
It all started with one hot water tank install, and now we install hot water tanks by the hundreds every year, leaving happy customers grinning ear to ear. We pride ourselves on our punctuality, product knowledge, and excellent customer service. Be it 40 gallon, 50 gallon, 60 gallon or even a larger hot water tank replacement that you are looking for, we offer a timely same day or next day install at some of the best rates in Calgary!
Proper servicing can extend your water heaters life indefinitely, we have seen properly serviced tanks last up into the 15- 25yr mark. Our friendly plumbers will keep your hot water tank running smoothing. Servicing your hot water tank is key for its life longevity. Regular service will prevent calcium and lime build up, rust from eating away at the inner tank, and will keep your burner mechanism clean and firing nicely.
A hot water tank service consists of the following…
These rods are a sacrificial rod that is put in your hot water tank to prevent corrosion of the inner holding tank, the rod attracts elements that lead to the corrosion and deterioration of the inner holding tank, thus destroying the rod instead of the hot water tank. Most Anode rods should be changed every 2-3 years, and will extend the life of the tank.
This is a very important step and service to do to your hot water tank. We recommend yearly flushing of your hot water tanks in Canada due to our very hard water and the high levels of minerals. These are hard on your hot water tank and will eat away at the inner liner. A yearly flushing will help to clean out the material. By completely draining the tank and then filling it you stand a better chance of keeping your water heater tank clean and corrosion free longer.
Replacing Your Hot Water Heaters Will Provide These Benefits…
1. No Hot Water
This could be caused by a number of issues, some of the more common issues could be a warped or tarnished thermocoupler, a malfunctioning gas valve, a poorly firing burner, or everyone’s favourite – leaking in the hot water tank itself.
2. Top of Hot Water Tank Leaking
When a hot water tank is leaking from the top it can be caused by one of two issues…
- The first reason why a water heater could be leaking from the top of the water tank could be a leak in the water inlet and outlet connections. This could be an easy fix where the connections could need to be tightened.
- Secondly, a water heater could be leaking from the top of the could be first signs of a major issue. This is a leak that will be caused by a fracture that has split the tank on the top between the inlet and the outlet holes. The fracture will continue to expand and contract with the heating and cooling of the water heater. In time this leak will turn into a major issue and may cause damage to your home.
3. Side of Hat Water Tank Leaking
If your hot water tank is leaking from the side of the tank it could be from one of two issues…
- The first issue could be a leak from the side outlet Pressure Relief Valve, this is a common water heater repair done by Urban Piping Ltd. Please call us for a qualified plumber to come out and service your hot water heater.
- Secondly, the issue could be a crack in the side of the inner tank on your water tank, this will require replacing of the hot water tank immediately.
4. Bottom of Hot Water Tank Leaking
- If your leak is coming from the bottom side of the tank, its more than likely that the hot water tank drain valve will need to be replaced. Many hot water tanks were build with cheap plastic drain valves that warp and deteriorate over time and will cause the drain valve to crack. This is an extremely common repair we do.
- Secondly a leak from the bottom of the hot water tank that is not coming from drain valve is a strong indication that a water heater is in need of replacing Immediately.
Urban Piping Ltd offers a highly recommended hot water tank repair and hot water tank replacement services.
Trust our Journeyman Plumbers with Hot Water Tank Replacement
Urban Pipings journeyman plumbers complete thousands of hot water tank replacement jobs every year. We are ideal to hire when it comes to hot water tank replacement in Calgary. We have been serving the entire Calgary area for more than 15 years. With experienced and dedicated plumbers, fixing of replacing your damaged hot water tank will be carried out quickly, efficiently, and on your schedule.
Our journeyman plumbers are licensed and insured with skilled technicians that deliver satisfactory services to the delight of our clients. Consequently, Urban Piping holds an A+ Rating with the Better Business Bureau and are locally trusted and recommended by thousands of home owners across the city.